From: Nick Austin [mailto:nick1@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 December 2003 17:44
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] TV aerial - multi room.

At 09:58 AM 2003-12-09 +0000, Young, Jeff wrote:

> I have now got hold of a Tivo which I want to add onto the input line
> amp.  BUT here's the problem.  Until now none of the sources on the
input
> line has ever recorded anything.  I think that connecting the 'input'
of
the
> video to the house aerial produces some sort of 'amplifiation loop'
and
the
> picture becomes unwatchable.
>

> Aerial >>>--
>
>                  -------     -------
>             -----> AMP -----SPLIT
>               -->          -------
>                  -------
>

>    -->VCR--->
>       DVD--->
>    -->Tivo-->
>
>    ----------------------------

The normal arrangement would be to create a "daisy chain" so
that the RF leads pass through each device once:

Aerial --> TiVo --> VCR --> DVD --> Amp/Splitter

By connecting the splitter output to one of the inputs you
create a feedback loop (exactly like holding a microphone
too close to a speaker).

My advice would be to use a SCART lead connected TiVo --> VCR
so that the VCR can record from it's AV input.

Nick.

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely for
written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623
8000, or
via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to
read our
http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender.