RE: Re: X10 - how ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: X10 - how ?
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:16:33 -0000

Ooops, yes you're right here Andrew - it is the Housecode that goes
out in each different command not the unit code - which is far more useful
as it allows you  to switch on several lamps on the same housecode
simulataneously - which makes sense - several addresses and one ON command.
(IF your controller works this way).  Must all be one the same housecode
though. The times are the same though.

Also - yes I was not differentiating between baud and bps - the fact
that the data is sent twice (in complementary form) increases the rate
technically - I was trying to convey the 'effective' rate - ie the inherent
X10 latency to instruct a device to turn ON.

Kevin

Yep !