From: Justin=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:09 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT]Hi8 to MPEG advice req

I'm after some camcorder/video capture advice...=20

Because of the poor results I've all but given up trying to capture video=
to=20
MPEG from my Hi8 camcorder using a cheap TV card, so I'm thinking about g=
etting=20
a Digital camcorder instead.=20

Is it worth perusing the capture from what I have using a more expensive=
=20
capture device (the camera only has composite out anyway) or should I put=
the=20
money towards a MiniDV jobbie instead?=20

Is the quality that much better?=20

Supposing I get a new camcorder and get rid of my old one, I'm left with=
=20
footage on Hi8 & VHS tapes which I can't watch as I don't have a video
pl=
ayer=20
anymore.
Does anyone have any experience of using a commercial outfit for converti=
ng Hi8=20
to MPEG? (if there is such a thing)

Is it worth getting a Digital8 camera so I can  get the stuff off my old =
Hi8=20
tapes but still do digital?=20

Thanks,=20

Justin.