RE: [OT]Hi8 to MPEG advice req

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT]Hi8 to MPEG advice req
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:24:15 -0000

Justin,

DV footage is considerably better than Hi8 - even the cheaper end of
camera=
s. DV is so good that it's used extensively in broadcast
news/documentaries=
and low budget/indie films (of course the number/size/quality of the CCD's=
and optics are pretty important too!).

I use a couple of MiniDV cameras (OK they cost =A310k and =A32.5k
respectiv=
ely) professionally for interview and general video work. If you want to
co=
ntinue to shoot video I'd definitely recommend upgrading to DV - there are
=
just so many reasons why - one of the most compelling of course, is that
it=
's so easy to get the footage onto a PC, edit and output to a massive
array=
of formats.

Paul.