Re: Satellite Broadband and Citrix

> Whilst from my limited personal experience Citrix copes with high
latency
> (PSTN dial-up) reasonably well I doubt it would deal with the 400-600
ms
rtt
> seen on satellite.

I have tried to get video services, citrix and even simple VPN links
working
over satellite, and the experience is not good at all. Even the web surfing
experience is so incredibly poor in most cases that ISDN is vastly
superior.

After the unfortunate demise of the iridium cluster, any hope of LEO
orbital
broadband services (with an rtt of only 120ms rather than the 550ms minimum
rtt to GSO) seems way off..

It seems unavoidable to me that getting the UK exchanges enabled for xDSL,
and soon, is the only real way forward (apart from perhaps an 802.11
infrastructure). Midband and Satellite are joke services, imo, and have
little or no appeal to pretty much anyone :(

I.