Re: Re: Sensors / Switches / etc

Hi Des,

> I don't have any spare pairs as I am using 1000base-t which uses all 4
pairs
> of the cat5 cable.
Then you can use another socket for SWSB. Even for ethernet based devices
you need a separate port for each of them, so the cost is much higher

> As time progresses more and more people will be installing this as
costs
> fall.
You really need 1000base-T in a normal home?
How many video streams do you want to transport in the same time?
:-))

> Although every device being ethernet enabled is prohibitive costwise
> currently, according to MH it won't be soon :)
>

> RS485 is great, but it doesn't scale well and in the medium term I
would
> imagine a SWSB network per room/area, with each room/area connected in
> star topology over ethernet is the way forward. Until a 5$ ethernet on
> chip solution is available anyway.

Why to have separate SWSB in each room and pass through ethernet between
them?
Why not to have a single SWSB in the whole house and pass the signal
between
rooms using the standard CAT5 cabling?

Best regards,
Dan