Re: tivo surgery advice sought

My Tivo is making a godawful whirring noise which I assume is either
the fan doing a fairly decent self destruct job or the hard drive
doing something similar. (Picture is also throwing a wobbly at times,
although only on Channel 4 and the Salon, not sure if this is them or
the Tivo)

The lovely people at Tivo have arranged for it to be swapped out with
a replacement but my one question however is:-

Is there anyway of getting any of the Season passes or recording off
of Tivo before I part company with it, all in a way in which doesn't
involve a screw driver and the screws holding the lid on?

As soon as the new one arrives I will finally get around to fitting
the 120Gb hard disk that's been on my desk a while that I was
supposed to have been fitting last night before it went tilt.

Cheers

Paul

P.S. does anyone happen to have a copy of tuesday this weeks Salon on
their tivo they can extract and put somewhere i can download. SWMBO
has watched every episode apart from this one - guess who deleted it
by mistake while going through fixes to box problems with Tivo Tech
support :-(