Re: tivo surgery advice sought

> Tony Butler wrote:
> > Ah now Doogie, you haven't checked the site for a while have you?
:)
> > By popular request, step 4b tells you how to backup & restore
everything
> > _except_ the recordings.
> >
> > But yes, full details are on hinsdale's anyway....
>
> I stand corrected! Nice one! :-)

LOL, well - why would u look at it unless u are doing an upgrade anyway....

> If you want to do anything deviant, like upgrade from a 2 drive, or
> upgrade to 2 drives, or if you want to make a backup image to burn to
CD
> check out Hinsdale's.

Indeed.  My aim was to K.I.S.S. for the common or garden variety beginner,
and
point ppl towards other "everything thing you ever wanted to know
about
upgrading the TiVo but were afraid to ask" for those who like to be
that little
bit different :-)

cheers,

Tony