Re: iPAQ car-mount options?

Hi Paul,

I built my own from some ally plate and an old Ipaq expansion pack that
had=
a duff battery. I picked this up on eBay for =A310 I think it was.

I made up the bracket to hold the expansion pack (you could use a CF pack
a=
nd this would hold the maps etc) and used double sided sticky fixers to
hol=
d the 2 together. I made up a special clamp arrangement to hold it fixed
on=
to one of the vents on the dash. I did have it screwed before but it was
to=
o low down. I'll email you some shots from the inside of the car tonight.

The serial cable from the GPS receiver, which is hidden in the centre
conso=
le and permanently wired in, comes up from the dash and just hangs down
bes=
ide the bracket. All very neat when the Ipaq is not in the car. Only the
se=
rial and power cable is left behind hanging.

Get in the car, drop the Ipaq in the expansion pack (much more secure than
=
those clamp type units) and plug in the serial cable and away you go. Very
=
quick and easy to do.

Regards
Dave...