iPAQ car-mount options?

I know there are one or two others here with the iPAQ NAVMAN system...

What are you doing about mounting it? - I find the included gooseneck too
short & inconvenient.. - The rake of the windshield means that I can't
easily slide the iPAQ in & out of the jacket without bending the arm
down, I
can't angle the iPAQ screen up as far as I'd like in use (The top of the
GPS
stubby aerial hits the windscreen before I've angled it up as far as I'd
like...)

I know there is a longer gooseneck available, which would help to some
degree, however there are a couple of other things I don't like too much
either... - namely the amount of crap hanging off the bottom as well, - by
the time the USB/Charge adapter has plugged in, then the charger connecter
is plugged into that, there's about 3 inches of connector hanging off the
bottom as well...

I had hoped that the car power-adapter connected to the navman jacket
rather
than to the iPAQ directly, so that I could just leave the jacket set up,
where I wanted it, and connected up to the power, and just simply docked
the
iPAQ each time I got in the car.. - just like I do with the phone in the
hands-free kit.... No such luck unfortunately, setting up the iPAQ each
time
I get in the car is a bit of a palaver, and hardly an elegant solution...

What are the options for making this a bit better? - I'm happy to live with
it for the time being, as I'm changing the car in a few weeks (hopefully),
but when I get the next car, I want something that looks a bit less Heath
Robinson than this arrangement....

TIA

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger