Re: Detecting TV State

>Does anyone know of a way of detecting the state of a TV/PLASMA ?
>
>I need, remotely to know if a TV/PLASMA is on, in standby, or off at
the
>wall.  I don't need all three states.......just on or off/standby.

A current sensor like the one available for Comfort can detect the on/off
at
the wall state, alternatively you could use one of the (few!) X10 modules
that support status feedback, like one of the newer AWM's perhaps... or
even
directly control it from a HA controller (if you have one) & a
relay....

>Is this something I can sense via the SCART ?

Don't some plasma's have an RS232 port for status/control communications?

>Does anyone now of a product like this ?

I've heard of sensors that fit round the back of a TV and detect the
magnetic field (or something) to determine if the display is on, - but I'd
hazard a guess that might be limited to CRT displays though...

>Thanks in advance
>
>Clive

When you get something implemented, let me know what/how, as I'd like to be
able to do the same... - I originally purchased a current sensor way back
when I bought my Comfort panel, intending to use it to determine the TV
status. Unfortunately, it cannot detect any difference between on/active
and
on/standby, only on or off at the wall....

Paul G.

Surf together with new Shared Browsing
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059