RE: More Plasma stuff!

Most tellys use composite for sync you just don't notice cos its all
hidden in a scart lead! You can use H+V sync on the panel with a sync
splitter. John Sim makes one with a VGA connector on it, and you can
hook it up with an RGB -> 5BNC cable, but it is probably a bit of a
bundle to run over 20m (as is RGB). If you use the VGA input it only
allows you to run in 16:9 or 4:3 with sidebars, not stretched mode (Cos
it was designed for use with a PC). 4:3 mode isn't recommended as it
isn't good for the screen. You can also use sync on green, or component
(which carries the sync on the luminance feed by definition), but the
digibox doesn't support any of those.

I run component from my DVD player and SVideo for everything else.

Here's a tip for getting auto widescreen switching with the Panasonic
and Sky. Set the picture mode in the Sky box to 4:3 and letterbox mode,
and set the panel to auto. When the box receives an anamorphic picture
it sends it to the panel with black bars left and right, and the panel
zooms in. There is a slight loss of resolution, but it is difficult to
tell at normal viewing distances.

Tim