RE: Re: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2
  • From: "Tony Butler" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 18:31:55 +0100

Indeed Mick, horses for courses as you say.

I don't like to have loads of kit on display either - which is why it's
all tucked away in node 0 (well that and node 0.5 in a kitchen
cupboard!)
When I get around to it, the audiotron linking to my multiroom system
will go in node 0.5, so SWMBO can just open a door, select her music and away she goes.
I however will use the iPAQ or PC or Fuji or ePod to control it.  I haven't decided on the location for my office Audiotron, but certainly
it won't have to be on display thanks to the web interface.
The issue of the look and feel of the physical device is, in this case,
really only for SWMBO compliance, but I do feel tackiness can spoil
things a bit - eg, I have a sony NS700 (or 900? Can't remember).  A ni= ce
DVD player, brushed metal front (albeit hidden away), matching silvery,
slim remote - but they spoil it by putting a crappy 1 line lcd on the
remote with an orange backlight that you can't read, with a tacky
up/down selector.  It just spoils the impression of quality :(
(Of course, the pronto does all the hard work so no one need see this
remote - but it's the _principal_ of the thing.  Better not to bother<= BR> with the display than do it badly....)

Tony