RE: Re: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 17:42:39 +0100

Sounds like different things matter to different folks, horse for courses.

Some of the people on this list are willing to pay £1000s for their audio experience, a tone deaf old bugger like me couldn't tell the difference between a £200 and £1000 device. Before someone says it yes I could probably tell which was which but beyond a certain level the additional  quality is indiscernable to me.

Looks don't matter so much to me as I dont like loads of kit on view, other people like to make a showcase of their kit.

I guess there are seperate markets for these devices just like there are for all audio kit ....otherwise we would all be using Meridians or Amstrads.

In fact the lack of choice in the MP3 network market is probably the only reason we are having this discussion if there was a broader range with differing facilities and quality at dffering price levels we wouldnt even bother :).

all IMHO ;)

Mick