Windows, Linux and Samba

Any Linux person out there who can help me please?  I keep all my MP3s on my server, running Mandrake, was 8.0.  The MP3s are in a subdirectory in my Windows C: drive (got dual boot with Lilo).  I rip to this from my another windows machine because it is far faster for ripping than my server.  Everything has worked just fine for months now.  The subdirectory has been defined as a Samba share and mounted as my N: on my other PCs.

As usual, I tried to improve things by going to Madrake 8.2, and I can no longer write to the subdirectory.  No problems playing existing files, just no joy trying to write anything.  Strangely another subirectory where I've got clipart, apparently defined exactly the samre works just fine.

Any suggestions to fix this, other than move it all to a Linux disk, which is my longterm aim but not practical until I buy a new hard disk, which due to recent overspend on BBTs wont hapen for a while.

regards, robin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor