IR emitters for Ocelot

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: IR emitters for Ocelot
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:09:58 +0000

Does anyone know if the:

"Xantech 283M Single "Blink" emitter 10063"

as sold on Lets Automate will work correctly (and reliably!) connected
*directly* to a SECU16IR module with an Ocelot?

I got my SECU16IR the other day, and I suppose I really shouldn't be
surprised at this any more, but even this device is supplied without one
single emitter in the box...

(I say "even this" 'cos I was surprised/annoyed that the Ocelot
itself is
supplied without an emitter, but I *really* would have thought a device
designed purely and simply for emitting IR would have at least one emitter
in the box!!)

You'd think, wouldn't you, that for the price that these controllers cost,
it would hardly kill them to bung in a 50p IR emitter as part of the
standard package contents?

.... I'll get of me soapbox now....

Paul G.