Re: Re: Oil level monitors

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Oil level monitors
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:45:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, steveddickson wrote:

> trying to canabalise one to interface with comfort, I think Li was
> going to add it to hi project list. The manufacturers wern't
> interested.

Yes. I have discussed the subject of adding an electronic feed of the
fluid level to HomeVision, Comfort and other systems with the Technical
Manager of Sensory Systems. I have a distinct feeling that he didn't like
the idea at all. He kept saying that there already is an option to add an
automatic dial-out module to the device when the level is low. However, it
dials out to a preprogrammed telephone number that the user cannot change.

I suspect cosy arrangements exist between Sensory Systems and the
designated oil suppliers for the automatic dial-out facility. Hence the
company wasn't keen to allow other add-ons to break that arrangement.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.