Re: Tivo settings

Dave McLaughlin wrote:

> I finally got the Tivo installed last night and so far I am impressed
> with its features. It is going to take me a bit of time to get used to
> changing channels when viewing live TV as it is not as quick to go up
> and down the Sky channels.

Once you have your season passes all set up to record all the programmes
you watch, you'll probably not find yourself watching live tv much at
all..... you can't even skip adverts when you're watching it live....! :)

> The question I have concerns the settings and software version.
> How do I set it to dial out at night or very early morning as at
> present it is going to dial out this morning at 09:56?

The dial time changes constantly..... it also checks wether you are
using the phone before it tries..... I can't remember wether it just
schedules the next call for 24 hours + X minutes after the last
successful call, or wether it has something to do with the time it takes
the box to process the guide data as well..... Mine made its last call
at 8:33 yesterday and is schedules for 8:59 today.... it keeps rotating
round the clock.

> I have version 1.5 installed. When does this get ugraded and how?

Within 48 hours it'll pull down 2.5.5 and it will schedule a 2am reboot.
In the phone setup menu (can't remember where it is in 1.5, it moved in
2.5.5!) once it has the latest software it will say "Awaiting reboot" -
if it says that you can either wait till 2am next morning or force a
reboot..... there's a menu option to do it in 2.5.5.... can't remember
about 1.5.... worst case, wait till its not doing anything (red light is
off) and kill the power for a couple of minutes and it'll do the upgrade
when you switch it back on.

> Dave...
> Another happy Tivo owner...!

:D