RE: ot Pathetic Service BT

> A straight question Andy, and I'm not being funny about this: do any o= f your
> friends/family work for telewest? Having a friend on "the inside&= quot; is about
> the only way I have seen anyone get good service from them.

Not as far as I know.

> My own experience is that BT wil *always* fail to meet an appointment,= and
> usually try some underhanded stunt like claiming (as in Amar's case) t= hat
> the appointment wasn't booked.

Telewest have yet to fail to call me back or miss an appointment.  In<= BR> fact in the 4 hour timeslot they give, they've always been in the first
20 minutes.

> Telewest don't return phone calls, don't turn up, over promise and und= er
> deliver, all the time, every time, without fail. as regular as clockwo= rk, a
> "I will call you back" is a lie, an engineer's visit on time= (or even on on
> the same day) is as likely as six winning numbers etc etc...

See above - not my experience at all.  In fact, they once turned up without making an appointment.  That's the only mistake they've made a= s
it was 8am on a Saturday and they woke me up!  Oh, and my Pace box die= d
when they installed it first time round.  I was without TV for 4 days = (I
didn't call thinking it was my fault), and they refunded me =A35 for the trouble.

> NTL are, if anything, even worse.

Luckily NTL don't operate here.

> The state of Telco's in the UK is apalling. They are far and away the = worst
> kind of supplier to deal with.

I'll tell you if I ever move to BT ;-)

Andy
--
Building a community network for Bristol
http://consume.cyberprog.net 4x4 in town - bog brush for your teeth

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk