Pan/Tilt USB Camera

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pan/Tilt USB Camera
  • From: "Nick Gunn" <ngunn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:37:42 -0000

Guys,

Kind of on-topic I suppose?  Not sure if anyone’s seen this before – it’s an interesting gadget!   It’s a Pan/Tilt camera stand by a company called Eagletron:

http://www.trackercam.com/index2.htm

There’s an MPEG of the thing in motion here: http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/images/pts2.mpg

And a review here:  http://webcamworld.com/reviews/trackerpod.html

You can download tracking software that’ll automatically track a moving object.   I really fancy connecting this up to my security camera on the house to store videos on the HA PC for viewing on any PC in the house.   You could even control it from an EPOD (if I had one L - I’m really regretting missing out on them!).

Once I saw the mpeg I set off on a mission to buy one, so I’ve found a UK distributor called www.gendan.co.uk,  I’ve emailed about prices/availability.  Looks like the price is roughly £185 + VAT (including camera).   I’ve also asked about discount for bulk purchases, so if anyone else wants one I’ll pass on anything I hear back.

I have no connection with Eagletron or Gendan – I just want one and thought I’d pass on the links!

Cheers,

Nick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk