Re: MP3 Server

Quoting Frost Neil (neil.frost@xxxxxxx):

> Just a quickie............ ;-}
>
> What do you use for your mp3 servers? It needs to be free and any OS.

I've only just joined the list, but as it happens I've just built a machine
to do this (amongst a few other things).

I used a rackmount PC running Linux with RAID array of 60GB IDE disks.
The mp3 area is shared over the network via NFS so that my desktop
machine can play them (and my laptop, over a wireless LAN connection when
it's nice enough to work in the garden) and SMB so my wife has access
to them when she's using Windows.

Currently I've got between 5,000 and 5,500 mp3 files available on the
system, so I'll probably dump the data into an SQL database and use
one of the free mp3 jukebox packages at some point, but I'm in no
hurry for that.

James

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx