Re: Ceiling Lights & Local Control

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Ceiling Lights & Local Control
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:05:35 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...> wrote:
> Is this a "Eureka moment" ?
>=20
> A quick thought occurs to me regarding getting status reporting=20
back to a=20
> controller when fitting LD11's...
>=20
> I've used one of the current sensors that Comfort sell, and I'd=20
thought=20
> about using one of these per controlled light fitting, but thats=20
daftly=20
> expensive as the sensors are about =A312 a pop.
>=20
> But, could you not add a cheap mains transformer (e.g. M**lins part=20
YN12N)on=20
> the cable between the LD11 & the light fitting, in parallel
with=20
the light,=20
> then run the secondary (which can be 3/6/9/12/15V) back to an input=20
on=20
> HV/Comfort whatever? - then whenever the light is on, the=20
transformer is on,=20
> and the input to said controller has the chosen voltage applied to=20
it...
>=20
> Keith, feel free to jump in here and embarass me by telling us all=20
why this=20
> is a very bad idea and couldn't possibly work!!!
>=20
>=20
Surely this might be a problem with dimming? Also, if it did work=20
then why would there be a need for an additional wire between the=20
light and the LD11, uf it is to be connected in parallel then=20
couldn't that be done at the consumer unit connecting directly to the=20
LD11 terminals. But I do think you might be on to something here, we=20
need input from an electronics wizard, but there must be some way of=20
detecting what is being sent out from the LD11 and getting that=20
information into the controller.

Regards

Graham