Re: Fujitsu Tablets : G's FujiAssistance Pack

Paul,

They do exist, but not in the cable sense, mainly on account of needing
a plug.

It's normally a PCB which you connec the drive cable to, and slot th CF
into.

The alternative may be a PCMCIA to CF convertor, normally ~=A310, won't
solve the booting problem.

Stuart

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 11:21, Paul Gordon wrote:
> I'll tell you what I'd like to see, - anyone know if it's=20
> available/feasable?
>=20
> ... an IDE to Compact Flash adapter cable...
>=20
> AIUI, CF cards are IDE devices, so shouldn't I be able to connect one
to =
a=20
> standard IDE interface? If so, might it be feasable to replace the HDD
in=
a=20
> tablet with a 256MB CF card (currently =A369.28 ex VAT from ebuyer),
and =
have=20
> all the required boot & system stuff on that?
>=20
> That'd make for a lot less noise, and a lot longer battery life
I'll=20