Re: Fujitsu Tablets : G's FujiAssistance Pack

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fujitsu Tablets : G's FujiAssistance Pack
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:21:39 +0000

I'll tell you what I'd like to see, - anyone know if it's
available/feasable?

.... an IDE to Compact Flash adapter cable...

AIUI, CF cards are IDE devices, so shouldn't I be able to connect one to a
standard IDE interface? If so, might it be feasable to replace the HDD in a
tablet with a 256MB CF card (currently £69.28 ex VAT from ebuyer), and have
all the required boot & system stuff on that?

That'd make for a lot less noise, and a lot longer battery life I'll
wager...

Thoughts anyone?

Paul G.