Re: NEW ukha project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: NEW ukha project
  • From: Stuart Poulton <swp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:46:25 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ray,

> p.s. Stuart - the Rabbit sounds interesting to me. The development kit
is a
> bit on the pricey side to make it a simple purchase decision to me,
but the
> idea about it being a single replacement for BasicX+Siteplayer+RJ45
does
> appeal - I have plenty of other projects I can put the combination to
use to
> once I've finished the thermostat.

I'm in the process of trying to negotiate a discount for the development
kits at least with the UK suppliers of Rabbit, more news when I have it.

I have considered before now using the BasicX LCD+ system.

Any further uses for rabbit would be really good, one feature that I've
found that may be possible to implement, is that you can ping the MAC
address of the rabbit with it's IP, and it will then use this, so no need
to have a dhcp server.

Regards

Stuart