Re: Lamp Module Dimming

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:55:32 -0000, you wrote:

>The LM12 only supports Standard Dim.
>
>> I've even tried turning the lamp on at Dim 0% then then dimming up to
>> 50%, but I still get full brightness first.
>
>The only way to emulate a soft start on the LM12 is to dim to zero rather
>than using the off command. However, this will still use power and with some
>bulbs you may notice a low glow.
>
>> Is this all we can get in the UK, or have I missed something ?
>
>For a plug in lamp module, this is all that is currently available in the
>UK.

I've never used a lamp module as my lighting is all low energy. BTW
how much energy does a plug-in module consume? Are my appliance
modules consuming more energy than my lights?!

If when you switch a lamp module on, it goes straight to 100% bright,
how quickly can you dim it? Can you set an exact percentage you want
it dimmed to, say 73%?

And how quickly can you adjust down to the desired level? Can't you
automate the dimming, such that the 100% to 73% is achieved in an
unnoticeable fraction of a second?

Thanks.