RE: X10/Room Occupancy/SWMBO acceptance

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: X10/Room Occupancy/SWMBO acceptance
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:28:31 +0100

Then chop the plug off (not literally), and wire an LD11 in-line in the
power lead. If you were feeling _really_ adventurous, you could even try
replacing the lamp's existing on/off switch with a momentary one, depending
on how easy that would be to achieve (is the switch built in to the lamp
body, the bulb-holder, or in-line in the cable for example)

Otherwise, just provide a suitable external momentary switch in a
convenient
location, and wire that back to the LD11 as well...

The wiring for the LD11 is totally bog-standard in this scenario, just
follow the diagram that comes with the module...

and.. viola! - memory dim, preset dim, happier SWMBO!

My fee will be in the post shortly... :-)

Paul G.