CAT5 Cabling - Heeellpp

Folks,

sorry to ask the same old question again but.....

I have a length of Cat5, and 2 sockets (one ate each end) The sockets have
a small bare along the front for the cabe to be screwed into
(if this doesn't get mucked up)

ie
Connector
+----------------+
87654321
+----------------+

What I've done is at both ends all colours are connected to the same screw
in terminal ie at both ends solid brown is 1, stripey brown is 2, etc

Is this total c%6p .. should I be doing 'not straight thru'???

At one end a switch sees a 100mb full duplex connection at the other
another switch sees a 100mb full duplex connection BUT is also flashing the
activity light twice a second... the first switch activity light is not
flashing at all...

Any ideas as to what's up

Thanks

Andy

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998

"Oh goody! Another uranium P36 Explosive Space Modulator!" -
Marvin M.