From: Andy Powell <ukha@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 5:47 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] CAT5 Cabling - Heeellpp

> Folks,
>
> sorry to ask the same old question again but.....
>

> I have a length of Cat5, and 2 sockets (one ate each end) The sockets
have
a small bare along the front for the cabe to be screwed into
> (if this doesn't get mucked up)
>
> ie
>      Connector
>   +----------------+
>     87654321
>   +----------------+
>
> What I've done is at both ends all colours are connected to the same
screw
in terminal ie at both ends solid brown is 1, stripey brown is 2, etc

> Is this total c%6p .. should I be doing 'not straight thru'???
>
> At one end a switch sees a 100mb full duplex connection at the other
another switch sees a 100mb full duplex connection BUT is also flashing the
activity light twice a second... the first switch activity light is not
flashing at all...

> Any ideas as to what's up
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy
>

> --- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
>
> "Oh goody! Another uranium P36 Explosive Space Modulator!" -
Marvin M.