Re: Re: Caller ID offer from Pathway Data Ltd!

At 16:10 20/03/2001, you wrote:
><SNIP>
>  You won't be sorry. If you do have the same problem as me I'll let
>you know
> > who to speak to @ Crucible Technologies but I think it's just
>mebeing unlucky.
>
>Good to hear. I missed out on the Ep*ds :( but this offer saved me
>trying to find a decent call monitor. Just got my order confirmation
>email so hopefully will have it in a day or so.

One more to beta test my script :-)

>Meteor
> > > >

> > >I have BT Home Highway too, so I could be in for the same
>pleasures. What
> > >problems are you experiencing?
> >
> > 50% of the Caller ID's are not reported but my phone & CID
box get
>them all.
>
>Hmmm, I have HH as well, hope that doesn't happen to me. Did you try
>plugging the meteor in elsewhere on the internal phone network
>(master socket/main HH Unit etc)?

What haven't I tried? Bl**dy Home Highwayrobbery.

>I had a similar problem with a (IIRC) Betacom CLID box but my digital
>phone picks up the CLID everytime. The box always detected the ring
>(going by the LED on it) but sometimes would not pick up CLID both
>before and since HH. Never did work out why.

After speaking to the support @ Crucible Technologies my problem is unheard
of and my Meteor works fine for them. I should have a replacement soon
which hopefully won't do the same or it's more frigging about to debug the
problem.

> > You want a copy of my Perl script? but you'll need to bug Rich to
>
>I would be interested in seeing it... any chance you can put it on
>the list files area or are you just giving it out to a few?

I'll be posting my perl script to the Homeseer message board but first I
need to fix the bits debugging the Meteor broke and add STD lookup.

>Mark.

Vince

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp