Re: Co-ordinating effort (was : Library Software)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Co-ordinating effort (was : Library Software)
  • From: markheurocom@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:11:05 -0000

>From reading the archives there used to be an EFNet IRC channel for
UKHA. I am not sure if it is still running since I have not been able
to get onto EFNet for a long time. I am aware of a number of problems
the EFNet server providers have been having which could explain this
while the archives showed some people having access problems from
time to time.

EFNet is also a place where a lot of hackers and warez dealers hang
out so my memories of EFNet are lot's of takeovers and firewall
reports going through the roof... hehe. AFAIK, they also still lack
the channel and nickname registration services that most networks
offer.

If the channel has died off and there is a chance of resurrecting
this particularly with the prospect of UKHA project(s) then maybe now
would be a good time to choose a new place for IRC.

Without wishing to appear that I am spamming, I can maybe offer the
group a useful place to meet for IRC as my first contribution to the
group. I am co founder of a small EU Based IRC network and we have
the full range of services for channel and nickname registrations
aswell as memoserv so you can leave messages for others. It should be
simple to solve any access problems similar to those that have been
suffered in the past that anyone has while a little tweaking on the
server side should hopefully sort out any firewall issues that have
hindered IRC for anyone.

If this is of interest/use to the group, let me know and I will post
up the network/server details.

Mark.