Re: Caller ID offer from Pathway Data Ltd!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Caller ID offer from Pathway Data Ltd!
  • From: markheurocom@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:10:08 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., Vince <vince@t...> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> At 13:36 16/03/01, you wrote:
> > >
> > >Seriously if anyone is holding back on purchasing one of
these
because the
> > >problems I'm having, all I can say is don't hold back get one
(Paul).

> >I didn't, - I already ordered one... :-)
>
> You won't be sorry. If you do have the same problem as me I'll let
you know
> who to speak to @ Crucible Technologies but I think it's just
mebeing unlucky.

Good to hear. I missed out on the Ep*ds :( but this offer saved me
trying to find a decent call monitor. Just got my order confirmation
email so hopefully will have it in a day or so.

> > >My problem seems to be with the cr*ppy Home Highway and not
the
Meteor
> > >which
> > >Crucible will hopefully mod to get round the problem.
> > >

> >I have BT Home Highway too, so I could be in for the same
pleasures. What
> >problems are you experiencing?
>
> 50% of the Caller ID's are not reported but my phone & CID box get
them all.

Hmmm, I have HH as well, hope that doesn't happen to me. Did you try
plugging the meteor in elsewhere on the internal phone network
(master socket/main HH Unit etc)?

I had a similar problem with a (IIRC) Betacom CLID box but my digital
phone picks up the CLID everytime. The box always detected the ring
(going by the LED on it) but sometimes would not pick up CLID both
before and since HH. Never did work out why.

> You want a copy of my Perl script? but you'll need to bug Rich to

I would be interested in seeing it... any chance you can put it on
the list files area or are you just giving it out to a few?

Mark.