RE: [Project] RFC re Bulkhead (98k attachment)

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Project] RFC re Bulkhead (98k attachment)
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:21:24 +0100

Kenneth,

I agree with your comments below I have too many remotes as well and would
like to ensure we have an easy to use system here.  I think we need to draw
a distinction though between

i. intra device communication

ii. user management communication

Intra device communication is the stuff I was refering to when I was
talking
about http and naturally I can see how we could use this to manage the lcd
panel.

User management communication has not yet been finalised or for that matter
discussed.  Naturally we need some form of GUI to manage setup and
interdependencies and of course we need a macro lanaguage to define events
based on alarms from devices etc.  Finally how do we manage all this stuff.
Thats open to the user... how about these for possibilities:

i. IR: The ukha IR receiver communicates ir codes it receives to the
devices
it has relationships with.

ii. Epod/IPaq - using the inbuilt web server in the bulkhead software

iii. lcd panel - the panel forwards requests both to the console and to
devices by defined relationships

iv. The console itself, i.e sitting in front of the PC.

v. Wap via a dialin modem.

vi. Shouting at a mic in the ceiling

I would hope to see a system where all of the abover could be handled in
one
place using one piece of software.  I might have missed your concerns in
your email so I hope I were are talking about the same things here!

Just my tuppence.

k.