RE: Re: Telephone socket for Cat5e

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Telephone socket for Cat5e
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:04:11 +0100

When people have double glazing installed and the wire was routed through
the old window frames they took one of 3 options

1. Call BT to reroute the wire (Rare)
2. window fitters remove old wire, drill new hole refit box. All works
(Quite common but naughty)
3. window fitters crush cable between new frame and brickwork. Fails some
time later. (Very common and Very Naughty)

As I said, upon your own head be it but (2).

Dont quote me or blame me if it goes wrong :-)

Keith