Re: Foundations are in!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Foundations are in!
  • From: "Campbell" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:28:29 +0100

I will jump in here and advocate using Comfort http://www.comfort.org.uk
which many in the group including myself have. It is a first class alarm
system with additional benefits including built in telephone answering,
selective dial out to pre set numbers. It can control all x10 housecodes
(x10 is probably the cheapest home automation components for lights
electrical appliances and circuits). The programmibility of the system is
second to none. Mark's house well worth looking at and the links within his
pages are good. Don't forget, once you join the comfort forum and also this
one there is extensive archived messages available which are very
informative. I particularly recommend the initial comfort messages.

Always put in more cat 5 wires than you need ...you will use them
(especially after joining this group with ideas...dvd throughout, pir,
KAT5,cctv, etc.), if you don't you will want them...

Campbell