RE: RE: (ukha_d) Today's FT Sky t charge ?300 for new set top b

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: (ukha_d) Today's FT Sky t charge ?300 for new set top b
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:54:40 +0100

> Advert breaks are not consistent, for a start adverts
> themselves needn't be
> the same length (e.g. Banzaii advert can be 20, 30 or 40
> seconds). Also
> advert breaks tend to be longer between programs rather than withing a
> program because the TV company sticks in their own stuff too
> (adverts for
> forth coming programs). Finally it gets vry un-predictable during live
> sporting events, for example adverts in F1 coverage are very
> short during
> the actual race, adverts in cricket are short unless a wicket
> has fallen in
> which case they might take an extended break. All of this is from
> observation, I have not actually timed any of it.

Yeah.... more thinking a

Sky One program break adverts avg 83 seconds
Sky One between programmes avg 113 seconds
Paramount program break adverts avg 98 seconds
Paramount between programmes avg 127 seconds

That sort of thing...... ie knowing which channel and whether you're
watching or between programmes, can you automate it........ hmmmmmm I'll
have to get a stopwatch :-)

Anyone know of any good stopwatch programmes for the iPAQ? Ok, its Friday
so
I'll knock up a quickie in eVB ;->

Doogie