Re: Misterhouse question

DOH! Sorry Robin, I missed this reply otherwise I would have replied
earlier
:-(

On Thursday 09 August 2001 19:03 pm, Robin Edwards wrote:
> Stuart,
> 1: using 127.0.0.1:8080 it works fine, regardless of whether internet
conn
> working or not.  Maybe it is something to do with Wingate, I'll ask
> Deerfield, the suppliers.

Not knowing how wingate works, this is just a guess, but you could edit
c:\windows\hosts and add a line:
localhost	127.0.0.1

It should be there already, but if memory serves windows doesn't have a
hosts
file by default, just a "hosts.sam"

> 2: did not have as log_file set, so I have... makes no difference,
however
> trying to do some other things the log has proven useful as it has
show
errors up.

Which version of MH are you running? The source version or the compiled
version? You should be using the compiled version on windows.

> 3: Yes run it in own dos box.

So it should redirect all it's output to there. Does the program actually
run, or does that error cause it to fail completely?

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
-

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx