Re: Cable advice

At 09:56 14/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
> > He has the cable on his site but is out of stock.
>
>DOH!

I bought mine from Maplin.  It might have been 9-core screened instead of
8=
=20
core, but funnily enough it still works :-)  It was expensive though, if=20
I'd not been in a hurry for it, I'd have bought 100m from Comfort for
the=20
same price as about 20m from Maplin... the Maplin stuff is pretty fiddly=20
too, needs a bit more care than cat-5.

And they might have discontinued it, in their apparent policy of not=20
selling things that I need to buy any more :-(

As a side note, I've tried it with the screen disconnected, no noticable=20
difference... but it does have a _fairly_ electrically quiet route.

Also, re cheap cable prices, I've mentioned before that my local
electrical=
=20
distributor sells for =A335 inc VAT for a 1000ft reel of cat-5, so it is=20
worth checking locally.  You could also try pronet http://www.pronet.co.uk=
=20
- I've not used them, but they were similarly cheap last time I saw a=20
catalogue- I think it was someone on ukha_d that recommended them.

Nigel

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates=20
as low as 0.0% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9331/9/_/2065/_/969954880/