Re: Supplier of CAT5 cable

Tired of searching for an apartment?  Try Viva!  It's fast and free.
Now serving Dallas, Houston, Austin, Phoenix, Denver and Las Vegas.
Rent by September 30th - get $100 cash!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9154/9/_/2065/_/968400869/

At 23:01 07/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Where's the best place to purchase rj11/rj45 crimping/termination tools
an=
>what one should I purchase

The Krone one I mentioned for IDC terminations is available from any=20
industrial electronics sort of supplier, Maplin, Farnell, RS and the like,=
=20
also now from comfort.org.uk .  It's 'BT name' is '2A', it costs around=20
=A315.  I'm still not sure if it's the _right_ one for RJ45 sockets, but
I'=
ve=20
used it for them before without problems.

RJ45 Plugs are another matter, I've not terminated them, but they have a=20
crimp tool here which does them.  Typical crimp tools cost around =A350
-=20
=A3100, and if you have only a few to do, pliers might do the job=20
fine.  Plugs are a bit different from terminals, you usually just push the=
=20
wire in, and the plug consists of the 2 crimping faces, all the tool
does=20
is squeeze them together consistently.

Replace RJ45 with RJ11 above as necessary :-)

Nigel