RE: Supplier of CAT5 cable

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Supplier of CAT5 cable
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:03:11 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/968324593/

Thanks for the updates, solid it is then !!

As you might have guessed I'm fairly new to HA although my wife wouldn't
agree with that statement. A copule of newbie type questions:

What's the best way to conceal all theses cables ?. I have solid floors
downstairs and don't really like the idea of hacking a channel in the walls
and redecorating each room.

How easy is it to terminate CAT5 into RJ45 wall boxes? Do you need special
tools for the sockets ? I was just going to terminate the leads with a RJ45
plug and I know I need a special crimping tool for that.

Source of cheap wall sockets, tools etc ?

Any generic guidance or hints and tips on wiring RJ45 would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Don

identification...