RE: _Very_ soft start and slow fade for lights!

At 14:09 25/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>You used the "M" word !!!

Sorry :-(.  I bravely resisted following it with a footnote to say that I
accidentally visited the "M" site today with Java turned on (I
usually keep
it off), and it repeatedly crashed my browser- sometimes I think they're
trying to *lose* customers with that site...

>BK Electronics http://www.bkelec.com did sell some self
contained single
>channel dimmers but I cant find them on their website.

I've contacted Mode- I presume http://www.mode-lighting.co.uk
was the
company you were describing, it looks reasonably promising.  I'll try BK as
well.

>Control current... a few milliamps normally.

OK, so I would probably need an opamp or a slow sawtooth-generator.  That's
probably an easier answer if I do have to get the soldering iron out... the
linearity of the fading isn't really an issue, as it's going to be so slow.

>You can use an opamp to butter
>the output of the capacitor.

I find modern opamps a bit small for that, much prefer a bread knife :-)

>Just what is this person doing that needs a simulation of daylight ;-)

It's a long, long story :-) .  The daylight simulation 'reference' was just
to make it a bit easier to describe...

Nigel

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/9/_/2065/_/972480915/