Re: Free Box more info...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Free Box more info...
  • From: "Phil Hooker" <Phil.Hooker@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:34:47 -0000

I looked at this deal and thought it was too good to be true. A few
things raised concerns.

No telephone number to contact a person. Only number on the website
is an answer machine to leave your name and address.

No on-line purchase option. Please send cheques in the post. Strange!

FAQ will be updated this afternoon. It's said that for a long long
time.

Surely if this was true it would have had more press coverage.

So I did a little work on this, and here are the results.

WHOIS www.iwantabox.com

joshua church
2 spring gardens
malvern, wr wr141ap
UK
Phone: 01684 575595
Email: josh@xxxxxxx

Strange that it is registered to an individual person, and what looks
like a home address.

Using that email address you get to http://www.ko-jo.demon.co.uk/
which is a design and print company. Nothing to do with Free Box.

>From website...
"KO~JO was started in 1998 by Joshua Church and Sabine Koehler.
Joshua is from a photographic background and still occasionally
exhibits privately in London. He initially had an idea to print his
photographic images on fabric which at the time was harder than it
sounds. His vision was to create and use methods of printing images
at affordable prices from one off art images, to long run commercial
lengths. "

All this is is just info I have found out. I still don't have any
proof if it is a real deal or not.

Phil

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@b...> wrote:
> Not yet.
>
> cheque was cashed so they've got my money.
>
> Just waiting to see if I've LOST my money.
>
> Keith

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just
great fares at Hotwire.