Re: X-10 110V mods.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X-10 110V mods.
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

> On the modules i did - i sucked up the large blob of solder on the
> pins then bent in the pin end which had been widened to secure it.
> The re-heat and pull the pins out.

That's basically what I did, except when I started I couldn't find my
solder pump,  so I tried to alternate between heat and pliers. I use a
lightweight 15W Antex Iron, but even still, I think I might have kept
the heat on for too long.

> I think it unlikely to have damaged the chip by heat unless of course
> you used a blowtorch!

Yeah, I don't think I put down >THAT< much heat!

> Have you checked that you have a reasonble supply voltage to the
> power pins on the chip ?

No, not yet. I didn't have a chance for much diags last night (people
over) Time to get busy with the multimeter... :)

Ian.

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!