Re: X-10 110V mods.

> That's basically what I did, except when I started I couldn't find my
> solder pump,  so I tried to alternate between heat and pliers. I use a
> lightweight 15W Antex Iron, but even still, I think I might have kept
> the heat on for too long.

Yes except they would need some serious force unless you straigtened up the
top. On the ones i did the pins had been passed thru the board and the two
forks bent out over the pcb. Remeber unless you have mechanically released
the pin no amount of heat will release it.

I concur with Nigels response a bigger iron quick in and out. (That what
the
wife says :-)) My 18 w antex was useless (came from Maplins!) i used my 25w
4.99 job. These are big pads and some serious metal in the pins to heat so
35w - 50w may do a better job.

Steve.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/9/_/2065/_/972403140/