Re: Bird Scaring devices.

On Fri, 12 May 2000 17:15:30 +0100, you wrote:

>I have thought of using a big plastic owl, or eagle, but I think that
would
>look daft.
They have been sold for many years by ships chandlers to keep roosting
starlings off yachts. I got a little owl for my Brother's birthday
last year for a tenner (I think from www.nauticalia.co.uk) although it
was discovered soon after covered in guano!

> Is there anything else you can think of? Id thought about some
>kind noisde maker, but that might annoy the neighbour's at 5 in the
morning.
Buildings have this problem and seem to use netting, carpets of 3 inch
stainless steel spikes and lattices of fishing wire to make it
impossible to perch on ledges. Look up at any high street for ideas!

Perhaps some form of netting enclosure could be made to make it hard
to land on the aerial? You naturally can't use metal and I suspect
wind resistance could become a problem- too much stuff and a gust will
bring the aerial down on the car!

TTFN,

James
---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3805/7/_/2065/_/958150400/