Bird Scaring devices.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Bird Scaring devices.
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:15:30 +0100

Slightly off topic, but if someone can come up with an IT/Electronic
solution, it should count :-) Plus it aught to give you a laugh too.

I have a problem. Our house is on the side of a steep hill, and to get any
TV reception we have to attach the aerial to the top af (at least) a 15ft
pole on the side of the house. We have no chimney to stick it on, it has to
go on the side of the house.

That's fine but the real problem is this, we have a Magpies nest nearby,
and
they (along with other smaller birds) like to sit on our aerial, which
overhangs our driveway. When these birds crap it goes all over our cars,
and
with the height it's fallen + the size of the birds they have a large
impact
area.

Moving the aerial would only mean they crap on my neighbour's car instead.

I have thought of using a big plastic owl, or eagle, but I think that would
look daft. Is there anything else you can think of? Id thought about some
kind noisde maker, but that might annoy the neighbour's at 5 in the
morning.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet LTD             Special
www.schoolsnet.com         Projects
Developer
stuart@xxxxxxx

Let us remember those important dates for you!
Check out eGroups' calendar at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/3937/7/_/2065/_/958149257/