Cheap RF proto kit?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Cheap RF proto kit?
  • From: Alex Goodyear <agood@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:28:37 +0000

Hi,

I bought an RF door bell this weekend for 9.99 (reduced from 16.99). The
transmitter is the size of a normal exterior bell push and comes
complete with a 12v cell. The receiver is about 2.5" x 4" x
1" and
requires 2 x 1.5v C cells. It has a set of 8 jumpers on both modules
that select the "housecode" (now where have I heard that term
before ?)
and the transmitter also has another set of 3 jumpers to select the tune
to play. Yes I did say the transmitter, this means that these things can
xmit different codes. It would be relatively simple to connect the
jumpers and the push switch to relays under computer control, now what
you do with the receiver requires a bit more thought but it does seem to
be a very cheap way to prototype an RF based project.

Just a thought,

Alex.

--

A. Goodyear	agood[AT]jet[DOT]uk	Ex. 5192

J.E.T., U.K.A.E.A., Culham Lab., K1/0/66, Abingdon, Oxon, UK.

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! XpertSite is the biggest directory

of Experts on the Web. For a REAL PERSON who will be happy to answer your
questions!
http://click.egroups.com/1/472/3/_/2065/_/947518148/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1