Re: The wife don't like my LW10 !!!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The wife don't like my LW10 !!!
  • From: "Ewen Cameron" <ewenjc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:39:22 -0800

I've run some wires from the ceiling roses so that I can use LD10s, but
for my hall light I don't have access above (I can't run a wire to a
LD10 or AD10 in another location).  Has anyone fitted an AD10 in or
above the ceiling rose?
-Ewen

adrian.luca-@xxxxxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=1592
> Unless the wring in your house is very old, you should have Live and
Neutral available at every ceiling rose.
>  They are usually fed from the consumer unit, one cable for each
floor, and visit each rose in turn.
> Then there is a pair that goes to the switch from the rose (Live and
switched live) and a pair to the light
>  fitting (switched live and neutral).  With this setup, its really
very easy to fit AD10 without changing wiring
> or switch (provided you have access to the rose).  If it's LD10, then
you need to change the switch to a
> momentary type which I believe can be obtained in various finishes.
>
> Adrian Lucas

Looking for educational tools for your kids?

Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/2065/_/947522386/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1