RE: RG6 vs CT100

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RG6 vs CT100
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:24:45 -0000

Remember that the box that NTL install on your wall isn't anything
inteligent ... at its most complex it is simply a set of filters.

Let NTL cable up to the house and then use your own cabling internally ...
basically they just train their guys on a specific set of situations and
anything outside that doesn't exist. Try asking them about cablemodems
under
Linux ... of course you'd expect them to not know that but try asking them
about using their email service with Win2k or Win ME - hell, they even told
me that the reason I couldn't get service on evening was that I was using
Outlook 2000 and that their service was only compatible with Outlook
Express!

Phil