Re: [OT]Proxy Software with multiple dialup numbers

> We are not talking about no AV protection at all, just positioning the
> verification process at the only entry and exit point of the e-mail
> system. With sensible procedures to be followed by everyone, I can't
see
> what the objection is with this approach.

I have a friend who works in the IT dept of a large hospital.  I have been
discussing virus protection with him lately (for my home LAN) and the
system
the hospital uses works like you say above Kwong.  There is major virus
checker (updated daily if not more often) that checks all incoming traffic.
As you say this is the entry/exit point and so seems the obvious place to
start.

By coincidence I have another mate who got the KAK worm just last night.  I
got and ICQ message from him this morning saying he had got his main
machine
up and running again.  He was going to bed...

"Would you believe its , 5:26 AM "

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......I'm off to update my virus profiles!

M.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/975748675/